Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Jill Stein is a great alternative to the anger issues in Clinton and Trump

I don't use Apple products, but I'm a big fan of the design aesthetics of Apple. I love the simple designs of their iPhone, iPad and laptop computers. Steve Jobs led the effort to revive Apple into the powerhouse company that they are today. He was responsible for bringing that design aesthetic to Apple.

The reason I don't use Apple products is the insanely jealous way that Steve Jobs sued other companies in his belief that they had copied his products. He sued Samsung for copying them. I believe that he sued Google by proxie when Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle sued Google over Android. Steve Jobs claimed that Android was a ripoff of iOS on phones and tablets. He even claimed a right to the shape of a tablet, rectangular with rounded corners in a design patent.

Steve Jobs was also intensely angry at the developers of Android. I've seen numerous accounts of his anger at Google and Samsung. While Steve Jobs may have been a great designer, industrialist and even a great man, his anger took him in the form of cancer at the young age of 56.

I can recall that on more that one occasion, Hillary Clinton claimed that Donald Trump does not have the temperament to be president (video). I bring this up not as someone who supports Trump, because I don't. Trump has his own anger issues, too. I bring this up because I see now that Hillary Clinton has her own anger issues to deal with. Her anger is so vile, that how that anger affects her health are now becoming publicly apparent and difficult to hide.

I have seen numerous accounts from former Secret Service agents who have had to protect Mrs. Clinton. In every account I have read, Hillary Clinton is revealed to be an angry scold who cusses like a sailor. Her hate for the men who protected her while she was First Lady seems to run deep and red.

So it is with interest that I find this article, "I Protected Hillary Clinton In The Secret Service - Here's Why Her 'Fainting' Video Really Scares Me", by Gary Byrne. Byrne is a former Secret Service Agent who actually served to protect Hillary Clinton.

In his article, he provides excellent analysis of a video now in wide circulation. The video he presents, shows how after a 9/11 memorial service, Hillary is physically unable to negotiate a short walk to a waiting van. In his analysis, he notes how Hillary is unable to support her own weight on the way to the van. He notes how Hillary was not standing on her own while waiting, she was leaning against a ballard, a metal column used to stop large vehicles. He notes also that Hillary's feet were dragged across the ground and they left one of her shoes there in their haste to leave.

He praises the team for their very well orchestrated efforts to protect Hillary and shield her from view of cameras like the one that caught the video. He notes that their efforts were so well orchestrated that they must have seen this kind of behavior before. He knows how hard it can be to serve and protect.

Here is the nugget of the story:
When I protected her, I witnessed her irate behavior and, frankly, I don’t think anyone can operate with such uncontrollable fits of anger and not have it take a toll on a person’s health—I think that’s exactly what has resulted. I can’t help but feel sorry for her detail, because I know from personal experience that they will bear the burden for as long as their mental and physical resilience will tolerate. I bet that night they got berated for letting this “leak,” but it has nothing to do with their performance and everything to do with her character.
Given what I know now of Hillary, I do not believe that even she has the temperament to be president. I agree with Mr. Byrne's assessment and I believe that years of her life spent in anger and resentment are taking their toll. I do not say this to encourage you or anyone else to vote for Trump. Trump has anger issues as well. Trump is a loose cannon who says whatever he thinks, despite what he might have been told by his handlers. Between them, whatever they say about each other, I regard their words as theater and nothing more. Both kettles are calling each other black.

Jill Stein is the presidential candidate for the Green Party. I've seen her speak, read her writing and have read the Green Party platform. I see no evidence of anger in Jill Stein. To the contrary, what I have seen in her is someone who answers questions calmly and concisely, with no pretense. She doesn't have the power to offer any pretense. Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton both have that kind of power.

I want to vote for someone I can trust. I want to vote for someone who offers no ulterior motives. I want to vote for someone who can respond to a difficult situation while keeping anger in check. I wanted to vote for Bernie Sanders, but he's not available at the moment. I don't see any of the qualities I want in a president when I look at Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. So I look to Jill Stein as the only plausible alternative. Yes, I've considered the Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, but he's a former Republican who actually supports the TPP. So he's out as far as I'm concerned.

I believe that both major candidates have anger issues that pose certain risks if they were to find their way into the White House. That's why I'm voting for Jill Stein for president.

No comments: